Monday, November 1, 2010

To Blog Or Not To Blog...what a silly question


It's been too long since I've launched my thoughts into cyber space. Sloth, exhaustion, indulgence, turbulence, there are a million reasons why I haven't blogged. In the end, the blame rests with me. Again.

Art was my first love; I learned to draw long before I ever learned to read but I fell in love with words too. Somehow, my fickle nature rationalized a way so these two loves would need each other to co-exist. The writing is far better when I’m drawing; the drawing more lucid when I am writing.

I am deep into the revision of this first novel and I battle with Perfectionism, the greatest hindrance to getting anything done. It was a sad epiphany the morning I mused that my perfectionistic tendencies are only a gauzy veil of low self-worth.

So this is where I plan to cut loose. To free segments of my maundering mind like so many white doves at a holy event. And if I can't think of anything to say about yours truly then I'll talk about an artist, a writer, or someone who IS interesting but I swear to keep it under 500 words. My attention span isn't much greater than the next guy...

Check back often and leave a thought or two of your own.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you need to do more writing here. You are good, and I'd like to see more. Your design is beautiful, too. What kind of novel are you working on? I write short stories, and on my blog I do movie and literary articles. Stop by sometime -- I'd love to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete