Saturday, January 15, 2011

Neti Pot - A Love Story Part II


I got a lot of titles for this blog. Another possible one is: How A Box of Kleenex Became My Constant Companion.

If you are easily squeamish feel free to exit. I won’t be offended. But really, it’s not that bad. And it’s way less than 500 words. I’m still kinda oogie.

I am getting over the cold(s) that 2011 welcomed me with. Remnants of the Xmas 2010 cold crossed paths with a nasty virus my dear significant other dragged home after New Years’.

Bam.

A solitary sneeze at work which I dismissed as allergies landed me on my ass for a week. Instead of the vice-like nasal congestion I endured with the first wave, a thickness festered in my throat that Riccola could not soothe. Even water didn’t taste good.

Serendipitously enough it was also NFL play-offs so my couch potato-ness was justified.

Of course I missed a gathering with some girlfriends I haven’t seen in months. I missed work (and when I don’t work I don’t get paid). I barely wrote, draw or painted. Not that it was possible to produce anything other than varied hues of gunk. You should see my phlegmatic gymnastics.

Neti Pot to the rescue (again).

I have diligently using my Neti Pot (a.k.a. Snot Pot by my jealous boyfriend) since May of 2009 so Neti and I are serious. Neti has kept me healthy for the most part; these cold(s) are the first I have been stricken with in a loooong time.

Actually, I was kinda curious. How would the Neti work through all that buttery goodness plugging up my cranium?

Some mornings it was impossible. Nothing poured out because the cold was new and was mounting its evil grip. It wasn’t until things tapered down a few days into it when I was finally able to get a wash in. Clear pearl-sized bubbles oozed out in long strings before the long ropey yellow bands of crap flowed. The Neti wash also nudged big irritating reddish brown snot balls coagulating my nasal passages.

So nice to breathe again—I even got that old Toni Braxton jam in my now clear head.

I’m better, or rather, cautiously optimistic. I so don’t want to get sick again, at least not for a while. Neti Pot makes all things better if not more interesting.
I’d like to go into the benefits of gargling with apple cider vinegar but I wanna keep this particular blog short. Way less than 500 words.

And I’m not about to push my luck.

1 comment: