Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Cheese With My 'Whine'...


Maybe it’s the full moon veiled by a gauze of smoggish haze. Or that my monthly ‘friend’ is creeping up on me (sorry guys). Or that I can’t up my score on Bejeweled Blitz.

Even trusty old TV failed me. The Lakers lost and the best HBO could cough up was ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’. Great book, horrible movie. Do not watch.

Bottom line; I'm grouchy tonight. Don’t know why. Lots of stuff going on and most of it is ‘meh’. Couldn’t do a pastel drawing to save my ass. It’s not even 9 p.m. yet if I start doing more paper research I’m bound to fall to sleep quickly and wake up at 1:30 a.m. with no hopes of falling back.

And writing? Writing…sigh. I feel burnt out on the book I was so damn hot for a few years back. I want it done but I’m just so UGH!

And I torture myself further staring at a lovely watercolor I did last year that I can’t replicate for the life of me.

Performance anxiety. Perfectionism. I have to remind myself of my own advice; perfectionism is nothing more than low self-esteem. I still draw. I still write (obviously). I still do my work.

That doesn’t make me feel better.

Let me just bitch for once in this blog.

People annoy me too. Right now, I don’t like people. I’d really like to dive deeper into this but I better keep my mouth shut. Nothing pays off like the restraint of tongue and pen and, er, blog.

The house is messy. The cats are sleepy. The boyfriend went to bed. The click of my computer keys and the clock are all the only conversations I am holding. All this beautiful quiet time and I am wasting it being pissy. I can’t bear to look at my novel right now. I can’t think of picking up a brush and painting either. This strange frustration began this morning waking up too late to do any writing. I like to do my writing in the morning. At the library, with a contraband cup of coffee. Where there are no phones, no cats and no neighbors with tumbling babies to distract me. But I got up too late and now, when i got oodles of time, I'm irked.

Suddenly it is very important to clean the litter box or take out the trash. Or go belly rub my new pink-toed kitty who sits atop the tower while my mammoth tabby glares from the floor. Then I gaze at some forgotten linocuts. Or a book I started reading and didn’t finish. Life has been a lot of start and go and stop in the middle and I can’t figure it out. It’s a fucked up funk. That’s all. No way to work it out unless I do work. Because in the end I only have myself to contend with.

And my lousy score on Bejeweled Blitz.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I can relate to this one.

    Let yourself enjoy your pissy and meh moods and remember you'll wake up tomorrow or next week ready to get back to work. You may still be recovering from that cold you had and now you've got hormones zapping at your energies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to blog more!!! check me out at tjgmd99@blogspot.com or click doctorsabelotodo

    ReplyDelete